Seakitties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreams and sleeping.

5 posters

Go down

Dreams and sleeping. Empty Dreams and sleeping.

Post by Sui Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:55 am

ITT: We will talk about our dreams. Post your experiences and comments about dreams. What happened and what you think.

So what's paranormal about dreams? Not much, but some situations are still difficult to explain. First think, I will tell you about me, I'm a former sleepwalker. For those who need an explanation, sleepwalkers are those persons who "walk" during their sleep, and also do different kind of actions, from the most basic to very complexe. I had numerous nightmares during my sleepwalk, and I often ended up waking up, standing in the middle of the room with my parents staring down at me and I always end up crying.

I had very vivid instances of sleep walking for years, everydays. In my sleep, I could be either calm, just walking around, going to the toilet or taking something to eat, and then going back to bed unconsciously. In the other hand, I had numerous, very violent and rather scary instances of sleepwalk, where I was often walking around the table in the livingroom, screaming and crying, my arms spread opened in a cross, saying gibberish and things like "WHY ARE YOU DOING THINGS LIKE THIS" or "STOP THIS SUFFERING" as if I was litteraly begging for my life.

Needless to say, it was very frightening for my parents. They looked for help from psychiatrists and doctors, without any kind of success. Hopefully, as I grew up and hit puberty, it just stopped. One day I stopped sleepwalking and never did it again, and it's been almost a decade this hasn't happened.

Now, I know that sleepwalking is pretty common for prebubescent childrens. But my acts during those instances were not the ones of an healthy pre-teen. What do you guys thing? Was my pure, feeble mind possessed by a ghost, bound to eternal suffering in this haunted house? Or can you guys give me a rationnal explanation?
Sui
Sui
Desu
Desu

http://teaparty.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Dreams and sleeping. Empty Re: Dreams and sleeping.

Post by Battler Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 am

It was Beatrice, obviously.

No, I really have no idea. Strange things happen to us with no explanation, and it's sort of devil's proof. You can't accept or deny that it's some other force messing with you. But at least it's over.

I've never really had any paranormal experiences. Plenty of shitty, weird ass dreams though. But those are most likely due to my terrible diet, being hella stressed at times, and, other stuff I guess.
Battler
Battler
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sui Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 am

I have personally no idea about what would cause a healthy and happy child to act like this. What could I have seen or heard which would make me do this?

I think possession, even though I don't believe in that stuff. Or maybe a previous life. Or maybe we all share memories with our ancestors which are hidden in our subconscious.

I really have no ideas, I can just debate and make theories.
Sui
Sui
Desu
Desu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 am

Personally I have a real paranoia about paranormal activity. If I ever see a show on TV that has to do with ghosts and something really odd happens, I cant sleep for a few days. Childish I know but I live in a pretty big house and with all that extra empty space one cant help but to imagine. I know Im probly just a little jumpy but I cant help it sometimes. Also I have had a few instances of dreaming events that happen to me a few days later. Nothing too important but say I dream about a certain place or spot, and the next day I actually go by that place. Things like that
Lucifer
Lucifer
Luci-nee
Luci-nee

Back to top Go down

Post by Boring Man Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:33 am

I've had many instances of 'dejavu' or whichever way it goes...

I'll see something and swear that I've seen it before--a situation out in the world, or a discussion going down on a forum or on a chat, or a phone call, or something in a book or on the television... And it's not like only a few things are ever similar, but it's like everything is the same--the wording from everyone involved, and everyone not involved, the time, the place, everything...

Scientifically, it's supposed to be some crap about your mind putting two different things together to come to a working conclusion, like "if the round peg goes in the round hole when you were five, then the round peg goes in the round hole when you are six, too"...

...but it really doesn't seem all that similar, to me. Like there has to be something more to it, than just a few similarities--than just two entirely different situations that just happend to be similar enough to spark memories. I think there is more going on, behind the phenomena. I don't know what, but there has to be something. Visions? Pre-cognition? Something.

This may not seem like it has anything at all to do with dreaming, but...that's what makes me think there is something more to it. When I 'remember going through a situation before', and I try to figure out what I was doing at any point in time before that I may have gone through a similar situation, I usually find that I was actually asleep at that time of day each of the previous days, or something else like that. I can account for the time spent and the place I was when I had the 'dream' that then was played out...
Boring Man
Boring Man
fgtbry
fgtbry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sui Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:04 am

Boring Man wrote:I've had many instances of 'dejavu' or whichever way it goes...

I'll see something and swear that I've seen it before--a situation out in the world, or a discussion going down on a forum or on a chat, or a phone call, or something in a book or on the television... And it's not like only a few things are ever similar, but it's like everything is the same--the wording from everyone involved, and everyone not involved, the time, the place, everything...

Well, I've heard it was mostly caused by inattention. The information passing two times by the brain and giving you that idea of 'dejavu'. You end up thinking it happened long ago and you can't remember but it is in fact this same event that has been misplaced in your head a second ago. I'd call that a 'phantom memory'.
Sui
Sui
Desu
Desu

Back to top Go down

Post by Battler Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 am

Sui wrote:
Boring Man wrote:I've had many instances of 'dejavu' or whichever way it goes...

Well, I've heard it was mostly caused by inattention. The information passing two times by the brain and giving you that idea of 'dejavu'. You end up thinking it happened long ago and you can't remember but it is in fact this same event that has been misplaced in your head a second ago. I'd call that a 'phantom memory'.

The funny thing is I've had Deja-Vu dreams. I will dream about something, and it will happen. But it's not like seeing the future. It's just random stuff non-important things. Like I'll notice a convo I had in a dream is the exact same convo I'm having with the same person at the same time. Awkward things.

I say it's a glitch in the matrix.
Battler
Battler
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Boring Man Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Mrow--...Mrow. ;3? @ Matrix.

Fragmented memories, huh?

LOLS, BACK IN A BIT GUYS, GOTTA DEFRAG MY COMPUTER.

...FRAG OUT!
Boring Man
Boring Man
fgtbry
fgtbry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:52 am

Now this is an interesting topic. I have dreams where it is like I have a whole other set of memories. It is kinda strange to be dreaming and you are like an alternate version of yourself. Also most of the time I know I am dreaming and am always critiquing myself within the dream.

Then there are dreams that tie into other dreams. Sometimes it's like my dream world is another ongoing life, every now and again there are things I can't explain.

It has not happened in a few years but I frequently experienced repeating paralysis like an unknown force holding me down in bed even when I wished to wake. It would only happen if I were exhausted and went to sleep. Otherwise I pretty much can control what happens in my dream to a certain degree. I have even had a dream and parts of it actually happened later in life.
Lelouch
Lelouch
Furniture
Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post by Boring Man Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 am

Wasn't there an anime series like that? Wait, several of them, even?

But, yeah. Been there, done that. @ Sequential dreams, dreams going together at some point, etc.
Boring Man
Boring Man
fgtbry
fgtbry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum