Seakitties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime or VN? Or VN over Anime?

3 posters

Go down

Anime or VN?  Or VN over Anime? Empty Anime or VN? Or VN over Anime?

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am

Just something nagging Id thought Id post. Ive seen the best and worst of both worlds of Umineko and I Just thought Id ask the community. Its only recently I began to read the Umineko visual novel and Im a long time watcher of the anime (Thanks to Sui ^^) When I first started watching I thought the Anime was pretty cool (Quickly reached the top of my favorite anime list) But upon downloading the Visual Novel I found it to be so much more in depth and showed alot more of the characters that the anime just didnt have time to cover. The downside is it cant be as graphic as the anime is but that is just a small price to pay, and in the end I do prefer the VN for its in depth storyline. What do you guys think? Firstpostonthissite! ^^
Lucifer
Lucifer
Luci-nee
Luci-nee

Back to top Go down

Anime or VN?  Or VN over Anime? Empty Re: Anime or VN? Or VN over Anime?

Post by Sui Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 am

For some reasons, I prefer the original graphics of the Visual Novel. Don't take me wrong, those are really ugly, but for me it's so awful that it has a certain charm which the sterile DEEN animation have not.

For the depth, I understand it is difficult to make an adaption, but I can still see how much the anime was rushed, and important/cool things have been left out. (Like Rosa goat fight, Battler torture, etc.) There is also so much plotholes in the Anime that it is sometime painful to watch, even though there is little to none of those in the Visual Novel.

Most of the songs also being misused/left out/ruined in the Anime version as well. Like Golden Slaughter or DreamEndDischarger.

Finally, for me, the Visual Novel version is much, much better. And I find it pretty sad that text and ugly graphics carry much more emotions and depth than the Anime version. (Without counting the final episode fanmade hug scene, which was pretty great for me.)
Sui
Sui
Desu
Desu

http://teaparty.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Battler Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 am

Great of you to finally join us!

*oneofusoneofusoneofus.*

For the longest time, I refused to play the VN because I thought the art was ugly. I hate reading. I have a short attention span. Etc, etc.

And I can say that for the first 24 episodes, I loved the anime.

But then it got worse.

And the ending just made me facepalm.

So I ended up reading the VN, and god, it's so much better.

The art actually grew on me after a while. At least it isn't Higurashi's LOLHAMHANDS AND SASUAGE FINGERS.

And my god, the music gets better and better.

VN 6's music is the best by far.
Battler
Battler
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN
Ushiromiya BEEEEAAAAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum